November 28, 2012

Bye, Fall

The little pile o' pumpkins centerpiece is hitting the compost pile today. Going to start in on the winter holiday decorating. 

We had a very nice Thanksgiving holiday back in Illinois with family and friends. Feeling pretty overstuffed after, I resolved to eat better and get back to regular exercise. Ummmm, that's going ok so far, except for the croissant, bacon, and rum cake-in-a-jar  (first go at the recipe and a baking triumph, so I especially don't regret that one) yesterday. But they were had sort of in moderation and paired with some redeemingly healthy things. 

I've also been looking to do something healthy for what's upstairs, which I do believe trickles down to everything else, so I've decided to give the whole mindfulness/meditation thing a try. I got this app and did day one Monday and really enjoyed it. I missed yesterday, boo, but I think I might restart today and try to get the husband on board.


Last week was a very good week for Unknown Blackbird on Etsy. Adding more things leading up to the holidays.


Our (eight year old) puppy had surgery on Monday to have a couple of lumps removed. She is resting comfortably as is our agoraphobic cat who had her annual trip to the vet also on Monday followed by a very traumatic bath (for she and I) after she wee-ed in her crate on the way home.

One last thing, I changed my user name on Pinterest and something went wrong and now I can't get at my stuff. But they're telling me all is safe and sound and not to worry, they're working on it. So my P button is temporarily (hopefully) broken. Maybe meditation day two now for a little perspective. Back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment