November 30, 2012

On the Coffee Table...

I got out of the habit of reading regularly early this year. Struggling to get through magazines, let alone books. Though I never ceased to be good at collecting both. And I mean the real, bound, print-on-paper deal. No electronic reading devices here. 
There are a couple of books that I started and then put down that I really want to get back to, but I always struggle to revisit books that I've abandoned. Do I start over, or just skim to refresh then pick up where I left off? And what to do in the case of a series left off in the middle of?  So for months I would just surf the interwebs instead of facing my "to read" pile. I take comfort in doubting that I'm the only one that grapples with such debilitating problems related to reading for pleasure. :)
I decided to start this week with a couple of virgin-to-me titles to get past my reader's block. In the meantime I instituted a moratorium on printed word purchases. That calls for a sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment