February 9, 2013

Up in the Air

Two weeks ago we went to Orlando to visit family. Greg stayed on for a conference and I flew back with a connection through Raleigh-Durham. I'd never had the pleasure of visiting this airport before and I was blown away by the great architecture and design elements.
A beautiful combination of wood, steel and glass. More information here on the design, construction and accomplished architect.
I actually really don't mind layovers. There's something about being semi-captive, waiting for the next leg of a journey to begin, with eating, talking, watching, reading, surfing, or maybe working (if you're so inclined or obligated) being the only activities to choose from. And I was glad to spend 3+ hours doing just those things in such an unexpectedly beautiful space.
The decision is final. We're moving to Seattle in just a couple of months. Going out to see my new home-to-be in 2 weeks. Then 5 weeks from today off for some fun and sun in Puerto Rico. So many more hours in airports in my future. Lucky me. Seriously :)

No comments:

Post a Comment