April 27, 2014

Tidied Up

Happy Day 5
I've observed that, more often than you would think for Seattle, when the forecast calls for a 70% chance of rain, it actually means it will be partly to mostly sunny. Such was the case today, so we made hay, i.e. finished some mulching, trimmed back bushes, cleaned up beds, did a little planting, and swept up walks and patio and deck. This side of the house needs a color intervention, the plantings are almost all one uniform shade of green. A month or so ago, I had a cutting garden consultation with Kelly of Botanique and she provided me with a plant list to add more variety to the established landscape. She gave me a bunch of great suggestions for this stretch, so now that it's all neat and tidy, I can't wait to get started with a little make-over to make it more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment