December 21, 2014

Snoqualmie Falls

Happy Day 53
We expanded the being-tourists-in-our own-town-for-the-sake-of-our-guests effort to the state level and took the quick trip up to Snoqualmie Falls one day, only about a 45 minute drive up into the Cascades from Seattle.  
Puget Sound Energy has a hydroelectric plant at the falls and maintains the whole site very well. It's quite accessible (compared to my previous experience with hydroelectricity in Washington state) and therefore was packed to the gills with people on this particular fair summer Saturday. 
We made the steep trek from the upper observation area to the lower one.


Given the fact that I was seven months pregnant at this point, there was definitely some huffing and puffing on the way back up, but I remember feeling pretty proud of myself for not being on my bum eating bonbons anywho. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment