December 3, 2014

Unexpected Happy

Happy Day 48
Traffic in Seattle is bad. Every single day. When I worked at the office of the company I was with, I had to commute from West Seattle to the northerly neighborhood of Ballard via WA 99, a good chunk of which is part of a massive construction project to take the road from elevated freeway to tunnel through downtown. And while there is technically more than one way to drive to West Seattle, the only way that makes sense when you're going to or coming from the north is over the West Seattle Bridge and onto 99 or Interstate 5, so in and around those interchanges can be a real bottleneck. On this particular day, if my memory serves me, 99 was completely shut down through downtown due to an accident so I was in the midst (along with all other 99 commuters) of trying to get to Interstate 5 to get home. I was still really hoping to not miss a happy day at this point, but pretty convinced I wasn't going to find something to be happy about. But, happily, in the Mercer median right at the on/off 5 point, one of the Department of Transportations got it right and sowed some stress relief. Maybe someone did a study that showed wild flowers in medians help prevent road rage? Worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment